2018 Tax Filing Due Dates

It's hard to escape the tax man! It may be even harder to keep up with when everything is due. Fortunately, we have put this list to help us keep things straight.

For calendar year tax returns reporting 2017 information that are due in 2018, the following due dates apply:

Form (Due Date)

Form 1065 - Partnerships (March 15th)

Form 1120S - S Corporations (March 15th)

Form 1040 - Individuals (April 17th)

FinCEN 114 - FBAR (April 17th)

Form 1041 - Trusts and Estates (April 17th)

Form 1120 - C Corporations (April 17th)

Form 990 Series - Tax Exempt Org (May 15th)

Form 5500 Series - Employee Benefit Plan (July 31st)

Form (Extended Due Date)

Form 1065 Extended Return (September 17th)

Form 1120S Extended Return (September 17th)

Form 1041 Extended Return (October 1st)

Form 1120 Extended Return (October 15th)

Form 1040 Extended Return (October 15th)

FinCEN 114 Extended Return (October 15th)

Form 990 Series Extended Return (November 15th)

Form 5500 Series Extended Return (November 15th)

For fiscal year filers:

  • Partnership and S Corporation tax returns will be due the 15th day of the third month after the end of their tax year.

  • C Corporation tax returns will be due the 15th day of the fourth month after the end of the tax year.

  • Employee Benefit Plan tax returns are due the last day of the seventh month after the plan year ends.

It is always important to check when tax returns are due for all states in which taxpayers operate, because individual states may not follow Federal filing dates.

If you need help with your tax filings, or have any questions, please email mark.peniston@mjpenistoncpa.com.

#incometax #tax #filingdeadline #cpa #accountant

15 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All